In production since 1969
ZERWA was created by interministerial decree on March 3, 1985, following the dissolution of the former Recovery Center (ERC), following the restructuring of the National Steel Company (SNS) pronounced by decree no. 83-38 of January 01, 1983 which itself had inherited the domain of the former National Society of Recovery Companies (ENAREC), created by Ordinance n ° 66223 of July 02, 1966.
The Rouïba Unit is located in the industrial zone of Rouiba, and covers an area of 15 hectares, it is the largest of the units in terms of area, means and number of employees, which exceeds 250.
In addition to salvage as an activity shared by the units, URD is renowned as the largest public enterprise in the field of demolition of buildings and reformed structures.
The main activity of the unit is the recovery, treatment and marketing of ferrous and non-ferrous waste.
Scrap Metal Recovery Unit
- Effective : 104
- Area: 12 hectares ;
- 08 semi-trailer trucks with elevated transport skips with elevated transport skips.
- 07 operational cranes.
Industrial Weighing and Control Unit
The UPCI, which employs 41 employees, is a benchmark in its field, it created in the early 90s as part of the diversification of the activities of recovery units, it continues its path with an optimal production capacity of 30 weighbridges / year, but can satisfy orders well beyond, the manufacturing workshop is located at the URF level, in addition the administrative and commercial premises are located in the city center of Oran.
Secondary Fusion and Transformation Unit
Birth of the activity
The UFTS was created and attached to the E.NA.REC created by ordinance No. 66.223 of July 22, 1966 and then transferred to the S.N.S. in 1968 by ordinance N ° 68.614 of November 15, 1968.
In 1974, by ordinance N ° 74.104 of November 15, 1974 was attached to the workshop of second lead smelting after the nationalization of the Algerian company of metals and enterprise – CO.AL.MET.O.
Presentation of the Unit:
The UFTS unit is the oldest unit of the ENR, it has a very important potential of knowledge and experience in the field of recovery, treatment and reclamation of ferrous and non-ferrous waste. It has specialized means and capacities in the field of the recovery of ferrous and non-ferrous metal waste, both material and human. The total staff of the unit is 92 agents (including 19 executives, 12 supervisors and 61 executions.
The activity of the Secondary Merger and Transformation unit / UFTS is:
- Recovery of mainly non-ferrous metallic waste and ferrous as well as non-metallic,
- Treatment of this waste by sorting, flame cutting, shearing and packing,
- Grinding of all types of electrical cables in plastic for the production of copper shot and PVC waste,
- Demolition of industrial facilities,
A – Material resources:– Cranes equipped with grapples and electromagnets,
– Specific dump trucks,
– Fixed presses,
– Fixed shears,
– Mobile presses and shears,
– Guillotine shears,
– Magnetic grinding and separation workshop,
– Melting furnaces,
– Liaison and utility vehicles.
B – Human resources
The unit bases its activities on a professional, versatile and highly qualified staff:
- Flame cutters,
- Torch operators,
- Machine operators,
- Metal sorters,
Experienced supervisory staff
Vision of unity
The unit is part of a process of development and diversification away from “ferrous” in “non-ferrous” and “non-metallic” where significant added value is released.
- The unit plans to acquire a sophisticated cable crusher with the aim of increasing the production of copper grit, and to start the production of a new product namely aluminum grit.
- The unit also wishes to embark on the “tire shredding” activity in order to satisfy and retain its suppliers, obliged to collect tires free of charge or symbolically from the sites that it operates. which puts the unit in difficult situations to store them giving off additional charges in addition to the risk of fire.
- The unit being the only one to have the “Electrostatic” machine which has the function of treating the plastic released from the cable under plastic after treatment, foresee a prospecting program of companies using plastic powder as raw material in their production lines. . This plastic powder is considered waste from waste for us, which allows the unit to generate additional added value.